Although it’s 13 days away, I want to share my top 5 trips I’d like to take in 2016, if cost was no object. Hey, it’s the end of the year and I’m all into positivity and law of attraction. You never know what might happen next year and with this in mind, I could end up hitting all of these. Guess we’ll have to check back a year from now to see!
Now in order, leading up to the one I’d most like to see…
5. Bhutan – I read this book, “The Geography of Bliss: One Grump’s Search for the Happiest Places in the World” by Eric Weiner a number of years ago. I don’t remember the other places, but Bhutan stood out to me because they operate on “GNH” Gross National HAPPINESS, instead of Gross National Product Product like the rest of the world. It also hasn’t been overrun with tourists yet, since only a certain number of people are allowed each year. Head to this website for amazing pictures —http://www.kingdomofbhutan.com/kingdom/kingdom_.html
4. Santorini, Greece – The pictures I’ve seen look amazing, and I’d like to see it for myself and take amazing pictures! Plus, the swimming must be phenomenal. I can’t even imagine it.
3. South Carolina – Ever since I was a kid and read “Gone with the Wind,” I’ve wanted to travel back in time, mainly to wear the period clothing. I think I probably would have passed out from the corset and would have been appalled at the way people were treated, but there’s still something interesting about the south. I’d like to see the historical plantation houses and see the history there in SC. I’m a sucker for history.
2. Spain – This one I might actually get to this year! As I said above, that I’m a sucker for history, and this country has so much to offer. I’d like to see the Alhambra, the Dali Museum, even though I’m not a huge fan, Madrid, Barcelona, and then the tiny towns outside the big cities. When I travel, I like to experience the country like I’m not a tourist. I want to speak with people in Spanish, even though my accent is atrocious, I want to drink wine with the locals, and try one of those ‘discos’ that doesn’t even start jumping till 1 in the morning! (Not sure if I’d actually make it there, but that’s the plan!)
1. St. Thomas, Virgin Islands – I’m hoping to get to this one for my birthday this year. Last year we did Toronto… which we shared here on the blog. While it was a blast, it was freezing cold. Note to anyone out there reading this, don’t do Toronto in February unless you like freezing your bootie off! I’ve read that St. Thomas has a great shopping district, so my sister will like that, and maybe we’ll try snorkeling or something like that! The beach of course, will be calling our names, too.
That’s the plan for this year, from the outrageous, probably won’t happen ideas, to the ones that most likely will. What’s on your travel list this year? I’d love to hear!