This post contains affiliate links. I get commission for purchases or clicks made through links in this post. Usually that means I can get a fancy coffee at Starbucks. So thank you!
I don’t know about anyone else, but living in New York has made me appreciate comfy sandals (and shoes!) more and more… however that presents a huge dilemma. This city is known for being tres fashionable and not just any comfy shoe can do for me to be seen in running around town. Enter the comfy summer staple of this year… the flatform sandal. I’ve recently been in agreement with the author of this article with the belief that they’re totally ugly. I’ve seen a ton of women rocking the ugly footwear, so I’m changing my mind just like Ms. Rao.
I haven’t bought any of these so far, but these are my picks. They all seem comfy, like they’d hold up walking all over New York City while keeping your feet relatively clean! Flip flops are nice, but wearing them in NYC creates problems beyond pain in your feet – your heels actually become black. I don’t know exactly why this is – maybe all the dirt and pollution catches on to them? No matter, it seems these flatforms will keep your heels off the ground.
1. As usual, Steve Madden has a good take on many of these for a decent price.
2. These have the bow that seems to be everywhere right now while still a flatform, although not as high as some others. I like the blush color. The fact that the bow seems to be suede makes me more inclined to buy it, because it will stretch and become malleable, in case it rubs on your toes upon your initial sandal outing.
3. I’m not 100% sure this would classify as a flatform sandal… but I’m including it. Birkenstocks are notoriously comfy, once you’ve broken them in. These are only $35. I’m not certain if it’s a knock-off or what. Anyone know?
4. As a rule, I find Sketchers to be comfy. These definitely qualify as a fugly flatform in my opinion, but I bet they would probably be your favorite sandal this summer. I suppose they would look cute with a fun white sundress.
5. Crocs – I love to hate ’em, but my sister disagrees. She had a pair of Croc sandals that she wore into the ground. So it’s for her that I include this choice from them. It’s another choice that skirts the line of a flatform, but it does seem to be off the ground more than a standard flipflop. This sandal has a bit of glitz and keeps with the trend of the slip on sandal that’s huge right now.
6. These are cute, too. A nice wedge, a bit of an espadrille, and a nice summery color. I would rock these — however, would they be comfy after a while? I would hazard a yes mainly due to their flatform!
So there ya have it. Anyone own these already? If not, are you attracted to one pair over another? Let me know why in the comments below!